About the position.
Flight Schedule Pro is looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing aviation software company. At Flight Schedule Pro, you’re not just a number . . you’re a key member of our team.
We recently rolled out version 4 of our SaaS product and the response in the aviation industry has been outstanding. Flight Schedule Pro is a powerful solution for aircraft operators that helps them do more of what they enjoy . . . flying!
We’re looking for someone that can take features outlined in our product roadmap (business requirements) and develop user stories and thorough functional specifications for our development and QA teams to execute on. This role will be a key member of our growing product team and will work with multiple teams (UX/UI Design, Development, QA) to create software requirement specifications aimed at building out our software in alignment with the product’s vision and roadmap.
This is a full time position + benefits at our office in Overland Park, Kansas.
Some of what you’ll do.
- Document requirements based on UX designs and business requirements using the right level of detail for the Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Clarify requirements and update cases as needed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Lead stakeholder review and change control meetings by setting the agenda and facilitating the discussion.
- Create any necessary wireframes or workflows to effectively communicate the needs of a given solution.
- Support the release management process by anticipating case-level risks.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Work with Customer Success and User Documentation team to educate on details of released features.
- Participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
- BS is Information Technology, Business Administration, or relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of previous experience creating software requirements.
- Previous experience developing requirements for multi-tenant Saas software (web and mobile apps).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Effective technical writing skills, including previous experience documenting user requirements and designing software features.
- Ability to participate in customer-facing group requirement sessions with confidence and conciseness.
- Ability to identify the required stakeholders throughout design, development, and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and build consensus with various internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership.
- Willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results
- Nice to have: Pilot or aviation experience, Experience working with Jira and/or Confluence for documentation
- Full benefits package
- Gadget Allowance
- Flight Training Reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Outdoor ping pong table. No seriously, it’s concrete.
- Indoor foosball table.
Flight Schedule Pro is a leading B2B software-as-a-service provider in the aviation industry. We recently launched a brand new version of our product which is getting rave reviews in the industry. Customers include U.S. Air Force Bases, U.S. Civil Air Patrol, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and major universities and colleges across the country. Our SaaS solution is used by thousands of pilots in over 35 countries . . . and people love our service! We are a tech company who takes pride in doing things with excellence. We strive to provide easy-to-use products that solve real problems for our customers and help them grow their business.
Our office is located in Overland Park, Kansas only a few minutes away from The Plaza in Kansas City.