About the position.
Flight Schedule Pro is looking for an Engineering Manager to head our growing development team. Our powerful solutions for aircraft operators allow them to focus on what they love to do… fly.
We’re seeking a highly-productive, results oriented, motivated leader who is able to set the technical direction and keep our team in alignment with that vision. This position will direct and oversee the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining our software applications and systems according to business needs. The Engineering Manager will also establish policies and procedures that produce a high-quality software product and service. Most importantly, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a high performance engineering team. Experience scaling development teams highly desirable.
Our ideal candidate will not just have a background in coding but a complete understanding of how software works in the overall system. They will be able to offer assistance to their team on technical issues. Previous management experience is required.
This is a full time position + benefits at our office in Overland Park, Kansas.
- Join a small technology company with bold aspirations!
- Full benefits package
- Gadget Allowance
- Flight Training Reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions: help us draw the blueprint
- Outdoor ping pong table. No seriously, it’s concrete.
- Indoor foosball table. No skill required.
Some of what you’ll do.
- Work with your team to set goals, plan projects, and build timelines
- Responsible for hiring and managing new team members and 3rd party contractors
- Create and present budgets to upper management
- Empower your team to make the biggest impact possible for the company while helping them reach their professional development goals
- Consistently deliver projects on time with quality
- Work with your development team to establish and validate the architectural vision
- Interface with the Product team to answer technical feasibility questions
- Assign technical process ownership and establish quality guidelines
- Guide team using appropriate engineering practices, invest in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt, and ensure that the system evolves to meet its changing needs and environment.
- You will have ownership of the following areas:
- Engineering Backlog
- Application Performance / Availability
- Automated Test Coverage
- All Technical Processes (development, deployment, testing)
- Application and system security
- Sprint Progress
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a high performance engineering team
- This position will report directly to the CTO
- Must be action oriented and focused on getting the job done
- 5+ years experience as a technical manager
- Experience leading a team towards set deliverables
- Experience establishing and improving KPI’s
- Microsoft Azure experience highly desired
- Strong leadership skills in coaching, influencing and delegation
- Willingness to continue to learn, adapt, and be coachable
- Have high standards and a strong work ethic with a positive attitude
Flight Schedule Pro is an established B2B SaaS company in the general aviation industry. Our SaaS solution is used by 900 businesses and over 120,000 pilots in 50 countries . . . and people love our service! We are a technology company that takes pride in our work and our goal is easy-to-use products that solve real problems for our customers!
A global pilot shortage is driving demand for our services . . .Boeing reports global demand for 700,000 new commercial pilots over the next 20 years. Flight schools, colleges, and airline training centers want and need our products!
** We do not offer employment-based visa sponsorship at this time. **