About the position.
Do you have experience designing administrative portals and mobile apps? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Product Designer with a passion for user interfaces, user experiences, and design to join the Product team here at Flight Schedule Pro.
You’ll be responsible for designing delightful user experiences, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and creating user interfaces that solve users pain points.
At Flight Schedule Pro, we strive to take a design-first approach because we believe better software design can improve people’s lives. That’s also why our growth and position in the market is founded on superior design and ease-of-use!
Our ideal candidate works autonomously, yet is a collaborator, is self-motivated, and is *not* intimidated by complex technical products and solutions.
At Flight Schedule Pro you’re not just a number, but a key member of our team! Do you have a get-it-done mentality that takes pride in excellence? Apply today and come help us make bold moves in an industry that’s ripe for disruption.
- Full benefits package
- Gadget Allowance
- Flight Training Reimbursement. Flying airplanes is optional, of course!
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Ample opportunity to implement ideas and suggestions.
- Outdoor ping pong table. No seriously, it’s concrete.
- Indoor foosball. No skill required.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to grow and refine strategic concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Create user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to conceptualize, document, design and develop new product concepts
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
- Develop comprehensive design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team.
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver polished final product, and to ensure execution of designs into working web pages and apps
- A proven track record and portfolio of web and mobile user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics
- Experience with prototyping and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond.
- Ability to take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UI
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in an agile team.
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research, mobile, and web
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
Nice to have.
- Pilot or aviation experience
- Domain knowledge of general aviation
Flight Schedule Pro is a B2B SaaS company in the general aviation industry. Our solution is used by 900 businesses and over 100,000 pilots in 50 countries . . . and people love our service! We are a technology company that takes pride in our work; our goal is easy-to-use products that solve real problems for our customers!
A global pilot shortage is driving demand for our services . . .Boeing reports global demand for 700,000 new commercial pilots over the next 20 years. Flight schools, colleges, and airline training centers want and need our products!
Our office is located in Overland Park, Kansas only a few minutes away from The Plaza in Kansas City.