- Made For
Customer Spotlight: K-State at Salina College of Technology & Aviation
The Department of Aviation offers degrees and certificates in aviation maintenance, avionics and professional pilot.
About K-State: K-State ranks first nationally among State universities in its total of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater and Udall Scholars since 1986. Our students have won more than $2 million in five competitions and have earned K-State a place among the nation’s elite universities. K-State is listed among the nation’s top colleges in Princeton Review’s “Best 361 Colleges” and is listed as one of the “Best in the West” regional rankings.
About K-State Salina Campus: The Salina Campus is a 149-acre site in central Kansas, 70 miles west of Manhattan, 90 miles north of Wichita and 180 miles west of Kansas City. This campus is on the southwest side of the City of Salina, which has a population of 50,000+. Salina is known for its recreation, restaurants and cultural activities.
K-State at Salina takes learning beyond the classroom: Offering students much more than an ordinary college education! If you’re the type of person who gets energized by applying what you learn in class, you’ll be a good match for the College of Technology and Aviation.
This focus on applied learning has helped our graduates excel in careers with Boeing, Garmin, Harley-Davidson, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, government agencies, and thousands of other organizations.
Bragging Rights: Our college’s focus on technology and aviation is in a class by itself:
- We offer a complete range of bachelor’s degree and associate degree programs.
- We’re one of only two Kansas engineering technology colleges with programs accredited by TAC-ABET, the national accrediting agency. This stamp of approval ensures that students graduate with the skills today’s employers need.
- We’re the only school in Kansas to offer an FAA-certified bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance and professional pilot. And we’re the only flight program in the state that has been accredited by the Council on Aviation Accreditation.
- Our aviation department has more Master Certified Flight Instructors than any other collegiate program in the nation.
- K-State at Salina’s Student in Free Enterprise club consistently finishes in the top five in regional competition.
- Since it became part of K-State, the college’s enrollment has surged to approximately 1,000 students. The campus has added more than 100,000 square feet in new buildings, remodeled
- 52,300 square feet of classrooms and labs, purchased more than $2.1 million in new lab equipment, and developed a fleet of over 50 learning aircraft.
- And in 2009, the new Student Life Center will offer students a place to develop leadership skills, maintain physical health, and promote academic achievement.
Careers: When graduates from K-State at Salina hit the pavement for a job, they’re in demand. More than 95 percent of our graduates find jobs in their field after graduation. They work for employers ranging from regional companies to international corporations. Our students have found jobs and internships at:
Black & Veatch
KASA Industrial Controls
Sandia National Labs
Wildcat Welcome Week kicks off the school year with barbecues, mud volleyball, contests, and more. It’s a great time to learn about campus organizations and activities: intramurals, Student Government Association, and more.
Sharp dressers: All flight students wear name tags and pilot uniforms, just like they’ll do in their professional careers. Aviation maintenance students also wear standardized shirts.
Scoring points: Do you like the thrill of competition? K-State at Salina offers a variety of individual, team, and meet intramural sports throughout the year. K-State at Salina teams compete against teams from Kansas Wesleyan, and intramural champions travel to Manhattan to go up against other university teams there.
“We were using paper; we had a lot of erasures and it wasn’t working out. Flight Schedule Pro lets our mechanics to see the schedule early in the morning. They are able to see when our students need the planes so they are always prepared. Now, our students are able to login from their dorms, or wherever they are, and see the schedule. Everyone is pleased with Flight Schedule Pro. We like it a lot!”
For more information, visit K-State at Salina Aviation
Tag(s): Customer Spotlight